I think I’ll name my omelettes “Ommie” :3
TODAY I WAS IN A GOOD MOOD HEEHEE yep today was pretty incredible as a whole.
Got back the IH paper. Pleasantly surprised, thought that I’d have gotten 30/55 or failed. To be fair I failed the first section but U G H I couldn’t get the bonus 5 marks like so many others did because my essay was already full marks ;_; and I spent all my time trying to write a good essay that the first part was terrible. I didn’t know what I was doing, I couldn’t think, I basically didn’t like back at all. We really should’ve done a lot more Scenario Based practices 😦
Broccoli, cabbage and one piece of eggplant (the auntie let me “试一试”! HAHA)
Cabbage from the chicken rice stall
15 almonds somewhere along the way
History, I got 71% (A2) despite leaving one whole question blank (7 marks, close to 10% I think??) haha wow I was pleasantly surprised, considering the multitude of fabricated statistics and the disturbing lack of studying. I should really study agh
Cabbage from the chicken rice stall (all of it!)
Then I went out with my guy-bestie but no pics because I am not going to be screwed over by a stupid blog haha. BUT, I /did/ see Adrian Pang filming a new series HAHAHA it was really funny this is how it went
*digs into bag*
*walks up to Adrian Pang*
Me: Hey ‘scuse me, do you mind signing my exam paper?
Him: *bursts into laughter* you serious? Will you get into trouble?
Me: ehhhhh..worth it.
This was dinner (YUMZ, mom bought more salmon!!)
and THEN. I made the most incredible cupcakes in the history of cupcakes. Like, o-m-gee I did not know cupcakes could be this good.
– cupcakes precise
– eating new stuff
40g cocoa powder
¾ cup hot coffee (1t coffee powder + ¾ cup water)
½t. baking soda
6 tablespoons vegetable oil
2t. white vinegar
1t. vanilla extract
1/2 cup cream << AMENDED AMENDED IT'S 1/4 cup instead of 1/2!!!
1T powder sugar
110g icing sugar
40g cocoa powder
130g sugar + 3T water
Adapted slightly from: http://www.browneyedbaker.com/2013/08/19/best-chocolate-cupcakes-recipe/
1. Place the chopped chocolate + heavy cream + powdered sugar in a small bowl.
2. Heat in the microwave on high power until the mixture is warm to the touch, 20 to 30 seconds.
3. Whisk until smooth, then refrigerate until just barely chilled, no longer than 30 minutes.
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a standard-size muffin pan with liners. (12)
2. Place the chopped chocolate + cocoa powder in a medium bowl.
3. Pour the hot coffee over the mixture and whisk until smooth.
4. Refrigerate mixture for 20 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, whisk ② (flour + sugar + salt + baking soda) in a medium bowl; set aside.
6. Whisk the ③ (oil + eggs + vinegar + vanilla extract) into the cooled chocolate mixture from "3" until smooth. Add the flour mixture ② and whisk until smooth.
7. Divide the batter evenly between the muffin pan cups.
8. Place one slightly rounded teaspoon of ganache filling on top of each cupcake.
9. Bake until the cupcakes are set and just firm to the touch, 17 to 19 minutes.
10. Cool the cupcakes in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes, then remove the cupcakes from the pan and place on the wire rack to cool completely, about 1 hour.
1. Beat butter + sugar + cocoa powder + salt with a standing mixer.
2. Add sugar-water + vanilla extract, beat.
3. Melt chocolate. (I DIDNT DO THIS AND IT MADE ME WASTE 3 HOURS BEING SAD and attempting to rectify things. No, my blender does not process it the way BEB's does.)
4. Add chocolate, beat until smooth and creamy.
5. Frost! 😀
Note: Frosted cupcakes can apparently be kept in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.