Didn’t feel hungry at all today tbh here’s some steamed fish
I swear I’ve eaten so much eggplant in one sitting..nope I can’t say I’m sick of it yet ^^
“Tortang Talong”: 4 eggs and one eggplant, with calamanci soy sauce and ketchup
Sambal chilli XO eggplant:
Curried Fried Eggplant:
– 180g Eggplant, diced
– 2/3 Large onion, thinly sliced
– 25ml Sesame oil
– 25ml Normal oil
– 2/3t. Mustard seeds
– 2/3t. Cumin seeds: 2/3tsp
– A few Curry leaves
– 2t Curry powder
– 2t Chilli flakes
– Salt to taste
– 2/3t Turmeric powder
– 1T coconut cream
– 2T coconut milk
– 1/2 cup water
1) In a big bowl of water add turmeric powder and 2T of salt.
2) Add the diced egg plant, soak for 5-10 minutes.
3) Squeeze the water from the diced egg plant, dry on a kitchen towel and set aside.
4) Heat oil in a non-stick pan.
5) Add the diced eggplant + cumin + mustard seeds + curry leaves + onion.
6) Use a wooden spoon and occasionally stir for 10-15 minutes till the egg plant turns golden brown.
7) Now add the curry powder, chilli flakes and salt to taste.
8) Sauté carefully till the mixture blends.
9) Add remaining liquid and stir.
Mum really loved it yay. Without the liquid though, it was so dry!