– 1t butter
– 1/4 onion, thinly sliced
– 120g shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and thinly sliced
– 2 cloves garlic, chopped
– 60g kale
– 100g shrimp, peeled and cleaned (used 150g)
– 1/2T soy sauce
– 2T dry white wine (I substituted with lemon juice..no it doesn’t work)
– 1T coconut cream
Adapted from: http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2011/03/the-crisper-whisperer-shrimp-with-kale-and-sh.html
1) Melt the butter over medium-high heat in a wide frying pan.
2) Add the onion + shiitakes and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions are softened (about 5 minutes)
3) Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for one minute.
4) Add the kale by the handful and cook, stirring occasionally, until wilted and almost tender (about 3 minutes)
5) Add the shrimp and cook, stirring occasionally , until not quite opaque (about 3 minutes)
6) Add the soy sauce + wine + cream, cook until sauce has thickened slightly (2 to 3 minutes)
Marshmallow Crunch Brownie Bars:
For the Brownie Base:
– 3T melting chocolate + 30g chocolate
– 2T butter
– 2t yogurt
– 1 large eggs, at room temperature
– 6T granulated sugar (will reduce to 4T because the whole thing is really sweet)
– 1/2t vanilla extract
– 5T all-purpose flour
– 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
– 1/8 teaspoon salt
– 2T chocolate
For the Toppings:
– >94g marshmallows (enough to fill the top)
– 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
– 6T smooth peanut butter
– 1t unsalted butter
– 1 cup Rice Krispies cereal (original: 1/2 cup)
1) Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease a 7×7-inch pan.
2) Melt ① in microwave in 30s bursts, stirring in between until evenly melted.
3) In a medium bowl sift ③
4) In a large bowl whisk ②
5) Stir the ① into the ②, mixing well.
6) Stir in the ③ and mix well.
7) Fold in the remaining ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips.
8) Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted into the corner of of the pan comes out with moist crumbs.
9) Remove the brownies from the oven and immediately sprinkle the marshmallows over them.
10) Return the pan to the oven for 3 more minutes.
11) Meanwhile, melt PB + chocolate chips + butter in the microwave, in 30s boosts. Remove from heat, add the Rice Krispies and mix well. Allow to cool for 3 minutes.
12) Spread the mixture evenly over the marshmallow layer. Refrigerate until chilled before cutting.