12noon: 10min XO sauce
12.20pm-12.30pm: 2 cups cabbage + 1/3 packet enoki mushrooms
12.35pm-12.40pm: 5min cottage cheese
– 3 pieces emperors chicken—drumstick, thigh, butt
– 1 hugeass strawberry
7pm-7.30pm @ T2 staff canteen:
– 5 tofu
– green cai sim
– some sambal kangkong
– 5 pieces fish maw soup
8.15pm-8.20pm: 1 pandan chicken
Almost Famous Amos Cookies (12-1teaspoon, 48-1/2teaspoon, 25 mini ball)
– 80g butter
– 60g light brown sugar
– pinch of salt
– 100g AP flour
– pinch of coffee powder + 1T egg + 1/2t vanilla essence
– 1T + 1t oat flour
– 1T + 1t almond flour
– chocolate chips
1) 2 before, beat the egg + vanilla + coffee powder (supposed to be coffee oil)
2) Preheat oven to 160°C.
3) Beat butter + sugar + salt
4) + egg
5) Stir in the oats, almond flour, chocolate.
6) Sift the flour and fold it in.
7) Place half teaspoon of dough, bake for 12-14 minutes.
– Dough will not be too stiff but not too wet either. (Not the pick-up-with-your-hands but not melt-all-over either)
– Dough doesn’t really flatten while baking, but retains its marks. Rather rustic looking.
– Nette said “your cookies are really good, like Famous Amos!”
S’more cookie bar: (3×3)
– 2T + 1t unsalted butter, room temperature
– 1T brown sugar
– 2T granulated sugar
– 1T egg
– Splash of vanilla extract
– 7T all-purpose flour
– 2 digestive biscuits (4T ground)
– Pinch of baking power
– Pinch of salt
– Chocolate (and I used some of mike’s caramel chocolate bar)
– 4T marshmallow fluff (did this recipe to finish this off)
1) Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2) Grease an 3×3 baking pan.
3) Cream together butter + brown sugar + granulated sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
4) Beat in egg + vanilla.
5) In a small bowl, whisk together flour + graham cracker crumbs + baking powder + salt.
6) Sift into butter mixture. Mix at low speed until combined.
1) Divide the dough in half and press half of the dough into an even layer on the bottom of the prepared pan.
2) Place the chocolate bars over the dough.
3) Evenly place dollops of marshmallow fluff over top of the chocolate layer. If possible, spread smooth.
4) On a well-floured surface, roll out the remaining graham cracker dough
5) Place over the marshmallow layer and press down to form a somewhat even layer.
6) Bake for 30-35 minutes, until lightly browned.
7) Cool completely before cutting into bars.
– I doubled the graham crust because there wasn’t enough. 1.5x should’ve been enough I guess.
– COOL BEFORE CUTTING. COMPLETELY MEANS “not when it’s still kind of sort of warm” because it will be a gooey (albeit yummy) mess.
– Dad: (without prompting at all, this is very rare) “Wow. I must say, these are very tasty. The taste, the texture.. All it needs is for you to give it a name.” And he proceeded to eat another one ^^ right before dinner, at that.