1/6 (HEALTHY, NO SUGAR FROM TODAY)
11.57am-12.07am @ HKW:
– 4 beancurd knots
– 5 tofu
– curry veg
5.55pm: 6 almonds (1.2g)
7pm-7.20pm @ UKH’s: (2 plates)
– quite a bit of cod fish
– beef w onions
– 1 tofu w meat
– cauliflower w mushroom
– 1 cereal prawn
– beef soup
8.15pm-8.30pm: 23 pistachios (~2g, 60kcal)
Seedy Hamburger Buns: (Makes 3)
– 3/8 cup lukewarm water
– 25g egg (1/2)
– 1T oil
– 1T sugar
– 3/4t. instant yeast
– 1/2t. salt
– 1/2t. onion powder
– 172g all-purpose flour (1.375 cup)
Adapted from: http://www.wiveswithknives.net/2013/06/23/seedy-hamburger-buns/
1) Combine all of the dough ingredients and knead using a dough hook. Knead the dough for 4-5 minutes.
3) Turn the dough out onto a lightly greased surface, flatten it slightly.
4) Divide it into 3 pieces and form into a ball.
5) Place the balls onto a baking sheet lined with a silpat or parchment, or into the greased cups of a hamburger bun pan, flattening gently.
6) Cover and let rise until the buns have doubled in size.
7) Toward the end of the rising time, preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
8) Bake the buns for 10 minutes. Remove them from the oven, brush lightly with beaten egg white, and sprinkle with seed topping. Do this quickly or the seeds won’t stick.
9) Return the buns to the oven and bake for 5 to 8 minutes, until they are golden brown. Remove from the oven and cook on a rack.
Paula Deen’s Carrot Cake: (2 thin layers of 8 inch)
– 125g flour (1cup) + 2 heaping tablespoons
– 180g sugar (<1cup)
– 1t. baking soda
– 1t. ground cinnamon
– 1/2t. salt
– 100g eggs, 2
– 3/4 cup vegetable oil
– 1.5 cups grated carrots
– pecans (I used almonds)
Adapted from: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/grandma-hiers-carrot-cake-recipe.html
1) Preheat oven to 180°C.
2) Grease 2 8-inch round pans; Line bottom of the pans with aluminum foil.
3) In a large bowl, combine flour + sugar + baking soda + cinnamon + salt.
4) Add eggs + vegetable oil.
5) Using a hand mixer, blend until combined.
6) Add carrots and pecans, if using. Stir.
7) Pour into pans.
8) Bake for approximately 25-30 minutes.
9) Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes.
10) Remove from pans, place on waxed paper and allow to cool completely before frosting.